|Address:||South Front and Froelich Street|
|Phone - EMERGENCY ONLY:||911|
|Phone - Non-Emergency||201-387-0102|
The Bergenfield Volunteer Ambulance Corps (BVAC) has been serving the Borough of Bergenfield in northern Bergen County New Jersey since 1941 by providing the highest quality Basic Life Support (BLS) care and transport free of charge. BVAC operates 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, answers over 2,000 calls annually, and never bills for services.
The Bergenfield Volunteer Ambulance Corps has an active membership of approximately 35 volunteers, from age 18 to retirement age, and a cadet program for 16 & 17 year olds. Our members have various careers including paramedics, firefighters, police officers, accountants, bus drivers, computer programmers, office workers, realtors, salespeople, students and more. Every active riding member of BVAC is a certified Emergency Medical Technician.
Among the services we provide are:
1. Emergency care and transportation
2. Stand-by and fire rehabilitation for fires and other emergencies
3. Stand-by for community events
4. Mutual-aid emergency response to neighboring municipalities
5. Free loans of medical equipment if available
6. CPR training and certification
|< Prev||Next >|