|Borough Clerk:||Vacant (ext. 4057)
|Purchasing Clerk:||Marie Macrone|
|Administrative Asst.:||Susan Muller (ext. 4055)|
198 North Washington Avenue
Bergenfield, NJ 07621
Core Duties of the Municipal Clerk
The position of Borough Clerk is required by New Jersey statute (N.J.S.A. 40A:9-133) to:
- serve as Secretary to the Mayor and Council - prepare meeting agendas, be present at all meetings of the governing body, retain the original copies of all ordinances and resolutions, and record the minutes of every meeting.
- act as secretary to the municipal corporation and custodian of the municipal seal and of all minutes, books, deeds, bonds, contracts and archival records of the municipal corporation.
- serve as the chief administrative officer in all elections in the municipality.
- serve as the chief registrar of voters in the municipality, subject to the requirements of Title 19 of the Revised Statutes.
- serve as the administrative officer responsible for the acceptance of applications for licenses and permits and the issuance of licenses and permits.